Seymour Charitable Golf Tournament
Every year the members at Seymour host our Seymour Charity Invitational Golf Tournament. 2019 was the Silver Anniversary of our community fundraiser.
2019’s recipient for funding was the Seniors at Housing Risk Outreach Program at Hollyburn Family Services Society. The program was the recipient of $68,000 raised by Seymour Members.
Seymour members volunteer considerable time and effort to put on this tournament and 100% of the proceeds go to the recipient charity. Each year we enable a local non-profit organization to carry out its work in supporting or enriching some aspect of North Shore community life. Our tournament is a proud tradition at Seymour, one that our members work hard to fulfill.
We have attracted significant community partners as sponsors each year and this has also contributed to the tournament’s financial success. Check out our list of donors for the 2019 event: 2019-Donor-List-Seymour-Golf.pdf
With this combination of hard work by our members and financial support from key sponsors and participants, Seymour has raised $816,000 for local non-profit organizations. Recipients of funds from our tournament include:
- Emily Murphy House
- Lion’s Gate Hospital (palliative care, ICU monitor, and MRI scanner)
- Breast Cancer Research
- Autism Education Society
- Hemochromatosis Society
- Alzheimer’s Society
- Northshore Hospice
- Westcoast Alternative Society
- Looking Glass Foundation
- North Shore Stroke Recovery Centre
- North Shore Crisis Services Society
- North Shore Schizophrenia Society (Family Support Centre)
- North Shore Rescue
- Hollyburn Family Services Society
- Canadian Mental Health Association
- Seniors at Housing Risk Outreach Program (Hollyburn Family Services Society)