Awards & Recognition at Seymour
Although we prefer actions to words here at Seymour, there have been a few things that have brought us to the attention of our community:
In 1992 Seymour Golf and Country Club was the first golf course in Canada to successfully register with the Audubon Society. The results of our commitment speak for themselves when you’re out on our course, surrounded by birds, coyotes, deer, bears, bobcats and more, all often on the same day.
In 1996 Seymour was the first private golf club in the Lower Mainland to remove all references to gender in its membership categories. Men and women can join any of the golf categories here at Seymour, vote equally, and dine in the same restaurants and bars. The only things we still segregate are the locker rooms!
In 2009 Seymour opened up its doors to the RCGA and the CN Women’s Tour, and hosted 144 Professional and Top Amateur Woman golfers over two days of competition, and in 2014 we hosted the BC Amateur Championship to huge success, with a winning score of only 1 under par.
Additional glory includes:
- Co-Host Canadian Men’s Amateur 2022
- DNV Youth Friendly Business Award 2022
- BCPGA Golf Course of the Year 2014
- Host of the BC Amateur Championship 2014
- CGSA Superintendent of the Year 2013
- BCPGA Golf Shop of The Year 2005, 2009
- CGSA Equipment Technician of the Year 2011
- CPGA Canadian Merchandiser of the Year 2005
- BCPGA Junior Golf Promotor of the Year 1993, 2001
- Vancouver Playhouse International Wine Festival: Wine Program Awards BRONZE 2007, 2008; SILVER 2009, 2010