My father was a scratch handicap and 3 time club champion at Calgary Golf and Country Club. He brought me into the game at the age of 4. As a teenager I went to a week long Golf Digest school in Tuscon Arizona, where I was taught by Jack Nicklaus’ teacher, Mr. Jim Flick and the legendary Mr. Paul Runyan, Mr. John Elliot, Mr. Tom Ness.
At the Golf Academy of America I was taught by Mr. AJ Bonar (author of AJ’s Secret to Golf video series).
- CPGA class “A” member
- CPGA Level 5 (Highest Rank) Certified Instructor.
- NCCP (national coaching certification program) Level 2
- Coached Zone 5 Juniors to Gold Medal at 2006 B.C Games
- Golf Academy of America Professional Golf Management program ‘ 92 – ‘ 94.
- Camosun College Professional Golf Management Program Graduate 2003
- 20+ years teaching experience.
Agree on the problem, deliver the message, get out of the way and let the student’s own interpretation, body type, and swing attributes take over while I facilitate proper functional rehearsal and practice. I aspire to help each and every person who has put their trust in me to help them improve and enjoy this wonderful game.
All players should be professionally fit for their equipment.
Fundamentals must be solid (Grip, Posture, Set up, Ball position, etc).
My focus is on pre impact, impact and post impact moments in the swing.
I believe in simple concepts, being positive, and keeping the coaching understandable and fun.
Winter months can be the best time to work on mechanics of the “full swing”. Golfers benefit greatly from a winter program. This is also a great time for beginners to start the game.
Xander Schauffle, Rory McIlroy, Dustin Johnston, Matt Wolfe, Victor Hoveland
Favourite Golf Course (I’ve played)
TPC Sawgrass (The Players Championship), Pebble Beach, Pinehurst #2, Seymour, Storey Creek
What’s in the Bag ?
- Callaway EPIC Max Driver 10.5deg with Fujikura Ventus Blue stiff
- Callaway EPIC Max 15deg 3wood stiff flex Fujikura Ventus Red stiff
- Callaway Super Hybrids 19, 24 degree (3 & 4)
- Callaway Apex 21 Pro Forged irons 5-pw with Modus steel shafts stiff
- MD5 Jaws wedges 48, 52 & 58 degrees in tour grey finish
- Putter Ping B90 Broom handle not anchored of course J
- Ball Callaway Chrome Soft 2021